Oct 21, 2009

White Coat Ceremony

One of the First things that happened when we arrived in Iowa was the White Coat Ceremony. This is a ceremony where all of the new students don the white coat, symbalizing their committment to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, always work for the best interest of the patients, and recognize that their education is a life-long responsibility. It was actually a pretty emotional moment for me. I am so proud of my wonderful husband and am so excited to able to go on this journey with him!





2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, I think it finally settled in the Mike is going to be a doctor! Good luck with the next years ahead :)

Frances Emily said...

This is wonderful. It is so great to be a part of something with traditions and meaning -- to be a part of a community. This is really touching to me, too.